University of South Dakota
The Path To Success Begins With Education. Begin Your Journey With Us.
School InformationThe University of South Dakota, founded in 1862, is the state's flagship institution, and is designated as the only public liberal arts university in South Dakota. USD is also home to South Dakota's only Law and Medical schools. USD also has 17 NCAA Division 1 sports, as well as many student organizations, fraternities, and sororities.
Why They Value VeteransTo make your transition from military to college life a smooth one, we have tailored some of our admissions, financial aid, and business office procedures to be sure that our staff is aware of the various unique concerns of military and Veterans students. With our full-time VA School Certifying Official in the Registrar's office to handle your benefits, and our Student Veterans Resource Center, you should find all that you need to begin a successful college experience.
Learn More About University of South Dakota
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Tuition discounts specifically for military spouses and dependents
- Scholarships specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
- Clubs or associations specifically for military spouses and dependents
Degrees & Certifications
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Associate's Degree
- Two, but less than four year certification/licensure
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
- Professional Degree
- Medical Degree
Regional accreditation; Nationally recognized accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Broadcast Journalism
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Exercise Science
- Health Professions and Related Programs
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of University of South Dakota's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!