Morehead State University
You've Earned Your Success in the Military. Now Learn To Earn More With Us.
School InformationMorehead State University delivers a strong and affordable education in a student-focused environment defined by small class sizes and faculty committed to teaching and student success. Nestled in the Appalachian foothills of Kentucky, our campus hosts 12,000 student and is rated as the safest in Kentucky. MSU offers 141 undergraduate and 71 graduate degree programs, including one of only five U.S. institutions with a bachelor's degree in Space Science. We also offer many distance learning courses via the Internet. MSU is ranked as one of the top public universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report.
Why They Value VeteransService members and veterans find a sense of camaraderie at Morehead State University. Organizations like the Student Veterans of America chapter (Eagle Vets), our partnership with the Kentucky National Guard, and the military support of our tremendous ROTC program helps to ease the transition from military service to traditional education. Our Student Veterans Advocate can help with admissions, choosing a major, career development and class tutoring. Our VA Certifying Official and financial aid offices help with educational-funding benefits. We have professional counseling services and staff to tend to health-related issues, and a university culture that values and honors military service.
Learn More About Morehead State University
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Clubs or associations specifically for military spouses and dependents
Degrees & Certifications
- Less than one year certification/licensure
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Associate's Degree
- Two, but less than four year certification/licensure
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
- Professional Degree
- Medical Degree
Areas of Study
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering
- Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of Morehead State University's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!