- Need a Job? These 3 Industries Are Hiring Uncle Sam’s monthly jobs report showed that 126,000 civilian jobs were added to the economy in March. While that’s actually down a bit from the last several months, the report reveals which industries are hiring.
Professional and Business Services: Employers here...
- Security in a Career with a Military Security Clearance A military security clearance offers the possibility of job security in the civilian sector: That gem of a privilege can be the key to your new career.
Truth: Those of us who entered the military at a youthful age may not...
- Apprenticeships Aren’t Dead: How to Learn the Most About a Future Career A common misconception is that apprenticeships are only for the construction industry or union jobs - but emerging fields are also full of apprenticeships.
- Utilize Military Connections in Networking You've made your transition, and the individuals you served alongside are a treasure trove of assistance. Here's how to utilize military connections...
- Online Education - When Campus Won't Cut It After you transition from the military, you may find that online education is the best option for you to get your degree. Here are some tips on how to make the most of it.
- Dream Big: Use Your Education Benefits To Find Your Dream Career Whether it’s art, game design or being the next president, your dream career is possible with dedication, planning and utilizing your education benefits.
- A New Job Can Be Like Returning From Deployment … Awkward! Photo Credit: Creative Commons
A new job can be like returning from deployment ... awkward! Once you have successfully secured a position in the civilian sector, it is by no means the time to relax. Here's how to ease your transition from long-term service...
- Ms. Vet, the Doctor is Ready to See You Now: A Humorous Look at Being a Female VA Patient Here's a humorous look into the world of being a female VA patient.
- Transportation There are lots of things you can drive in the civilian world. But if you want to get into the workforce quickly and grab a job that pays well and offers great benefits and independence, you might want to focus...
- Skilled Trades Construction is back with a vengeance, if you learned a trade in the military as a welder, electrician or plumber, for example, you should have no problem finding a good job. If not, no worries!
- View More
- 9 Companies That WANT You to Work From Home It’s 2015. More and more companies are realizing that technological advances have made it possible to fill positions across the country, which means you never have to leave your living room. Here are some of the best work-from-home gigs we...
- Top 20 Hot Jobs for Veterans 2015 Here are the Hottest 20 Jobs for Veterans in 2015 including descriptions, pay averages, what you need to get hired, and why they're a perfect match for veterans.
- Jobs That Pay $100k Often making a six-figure salary is associated with scalpels or law degrees, but in fact you can turn a hefty salary outside the medical and legal fields. To help visualize your path to making $100,000 or more a year, simply...
- 10 Best States for Post-Military Education Always dreamed of an education or a master's degree? Check out this list of the 10 best locations for veterans seeking an education.
- IT Specialist For them, it’s all about computers. They keep the systems at companies and organizations humming smoothly. They keep them secure, too. They look for ways to improve and expand the networks as the company grows and technology changes.
- 6 Jobs You Didn't Know You Wanted You may not realize it, but there are some good jobs out there that, at first glance, might not seem very glamorous. And because they’re not sexy, companies often have a hard time recruiting veterans for these positions.
- Operations Manager In a nutshell, they run the operations for a company or organization. In manufacturing, that means making sure production runs smoothly and efficiently. They work in nearly every industry, though, looking for ways to make operations more productive.
- 5 Embarrassing Job Interview Mistakes So you got a call for an interview...make sure you land the job by avoiding these five common interview mistakes.
- Logistician These professionals are responsible for the entire life cycle of a product: acquisition, distribution and delivery. They work in just about every industry, often focusing on the supply chain and identifying ways to improve efficiency and minimize costs.
- Engineer Name a product, and someone engineered it. System or community. Someone applied science, math and ingenuity to figure out how to make it work. The possibilities are endless, which makes this a really cool choice for transitioners.
- View More
- Dealing with Personality Conflicts on the Job With the wide range of cultural diversity in today’s workforce, dealing with personality conflicts is an essential skill for all workers. How you deal with others can determine how successful you are in your job.
- 7 Ways Civilian Employment is Like the Military The transition from the military to the civilian world is usually presented as a contrast. Civilians are different: they’re more relaxed; you’ll have to tone down the motivation. There are no uniforms; transition instructors teach you how to dress. Civilians...
- Keep Your Facebook Profile Rated “PG” When Job Hunting Are you currently job hunting or thinking about changing careers? Your online profile, particularly your Facebook profile, matters more than you may think.
- Where the Jobs Are: 5 Industries That Are Hiring If you’re getting ready to drop your pack and hang up your boots, here are a few industries that are hiring vets.
- Register Today for a Chance to Win an Xbox One Sign up for GIJobs.com and we'll send job openings from top employers directly to your email AND enter you for a chance to win an Xbox One TitanFall edition.