FAST TRACK: 2 YEARS OR LESS
You don’t need a bachelor’s degree to get into a career in IT. While a bachelor’s degree is never a bad idea, many experts say earning an associate degree and/or the right certification can be just as effective – especially when combined with military training and experience.
So how do you know which certification, diploma or associate degree to pursue? It depends on what career path you want to pursue. Want to design and build websites? There are certs for that. Systems administrator? Yep, certs for that too. There are storage certs, programming certs, information security certs, networking certs, telecommunications certs … you get the idea.
Certification isn’t free, so figure out what you want to do and then do your homework. Here’s just a sampling of some of the hot certifications in IT right now.
Hot Licenses & Certifications
• CompTIA A+
• Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
• Certified Wireless Technology Specialist
• Microsoft MCSA & MCSE
• CompTIA Security+
• Certified Ethical Hacker
• Project Management Professional
• Certified Scrum Master
• Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional
• GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator
• Certified Computer Examiner
• Oracle Certified Professional
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
Related Hot Jobs