Colleges with cyber security programs are in demand because we are living in the age of data means embracing the interconnectedness that allows us to communicate and collaborate in an infinite number of ways. And while data can mean a wealth of information and insight at our fingertips, it can also be detrimental in the wrong hands. With progressively more information traveling over the wires, the need for protection is greater now than ever before.
Do you want to stop cyber-crime before it starts? If preventing, detecting, and battling digital crime is important to you, a career in cyber and network security may be the perfect fit and a cyber security degree from ECPI University could be a great way to start! As a cyber and network security specialist, you could be on the front lines of cyber warfare, vital computer systems against inside and outside threats alike, including hackers, spyware, and viruses.
The demand for trained cyber security professionals is on the rise, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting employment of information security analysts to grow by 18 percent by 2024, that is 63.6% more than the average for all occupations (11%).*
For Military Veterans looking to get into cyber security professionals are employed in a wide range of cyber security positions including:
- Information security analyst
- Network administration
- Technical support and help desks
- Network infrastructure support areas in routing, server management, and switching
- Network security analyst
- Network applications supervision/management
- Information technology solutions providers
- Network implementation
Military veterans in the bachelor’s in cyber and network security program at ECPI University learn how to manage projects, design and write computer programs, use and maintain databases, and install and secure computer networks. Students also learn to provide excellent customer service when assisting customers and clients with technical issues.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Science with a concentration in Cyber and Network Security, graduates are able to:
- Utilize organizational customer service plans.
- Analyze various aspects of business operations.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems upon the operation of a business.
- Utilize PC operating system concepts.
- Effectively utilize PC productivity applications and concepts to include word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation graphics.
- Construct a basic web page.
- Correctly install basic network hardware and software by applying industry-standard networking knowledge.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the professional and ethical responsibilities of an information system specialist.
- Identify ethical uses of organizational data, applications, computers, and network operating systems.
- Apply basic logical constructs such as flow charts and process diagrams in order to understand the operation and troubleshooting of information systems.
- Design a basic relational database management application.
- Evaluate program-specific knowledge for an individual subject area concentration (e.g., network security or web development) appropriate for a Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of subject area concentration via successful completion of a capstone project, including an oral and written defense.
Want more details about cyber security industry and why you should consider ECPI University, watch this promo video!
[youtube id=”https://youtu.be/Y28KQsQbkjw” width=”600″ height=”350″ autoplay=”no” api_params=”” class=””]