21. Aircraft/Aviation Technician
What They Do: They keep aircraft flying by maintaining, diagnosing, fixing or overhauling aircraft engines and assemblies like hydraulic and pneumatic systems. You definitely want someone who knows what they’re doing working on your aircraft.
Hot Jobs Titles:
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Aircraft Maintenance Tech)
- Aircraft Mechanic
- Aircraft Restorer
- Aircraft Technician
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A and P Mechanic)
- Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT)
- Aviation Mechanic
- Helicopter Mechanic
- Aircraft Maintenance Director
- Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor
Median Annual Salary: $60,270*
Why It’s Hot: The BLS projects 5% job growth through 2026.
What You’ll Need: If you’re military trained in this vocation, you should have no problem landing a job with a Military Friendly® Employer. If not, you’ll need a mechanic’s certificate or a repairman’s certificate with appropriate rating from the FAA. Ultimately, you’ll want a mechanic’s certificate with airframe rating, power plant rating or airframe and power plant ratings (A&P).