East Tennessee State University
Your Potential is Limitless With An Education. Achieve Success with the Power of Knowledge.
School InformationEast Tennessee State University (ETSU) encompasses 11 colleges across 4 campuses, several satellite facilities, and a robust online presence. Located in beautiful northeast Tennessee, ETSU's main campus sits on 340 acres in the shadow of the Buffalo and Cherokee Mountains. It boasts the highest quality academic and athletic facilities, an extraordinary library and an observatory. ETSU offers over 140 degree programs ranging from nursing to computing to education and criminal justice. ETSU is a healthcare education hub and boasts medical, pharmacy, and nursing graduate and doctoral degree programs.
Why They Value VeteransETSU supports over 600 military-affiliated students through their fully staffed Office of Veterans Affairs. The Military-Affiliated Student Resource Center (MARC) provides an exclusive study and social space for student veterans and family members with free printing, coffee, snacks and tutoring opportunities. ETSU’s Student Veterans of America chapter organizes community service and social events to benefit both student veterans and the campus community. ETSU is located directly across the street from the Mountain Home VA Medical Center, one of the highest-rated VA hospitals in the country.
Learn More About East Tennessee State University
You're not in this transition alone. Click below to follow in this veteran's footsteps.
Hear first-hand why attending ETSU is life changing. Choosing the right school for your post-military education can be hard. There are multiple schools with great benefits...who knows what to choose! Now you can learn from someone else’s experience how their military skills helped, why they chose ETSU and what challenges they faced in the transition.
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Participates in the VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Scholarships specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
- Clubs or associations specifically for military spouses and dependents
Degrees & Certifications
- Less than one year certification/licensure
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
- Professional Degree
- Medical Degree
Areas of Study
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of East Tennessee State University's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!