Continue your story at one of the nation’s most elite universities
School InformationColumbia University School of General Studies (GS) is the only college of its kind created to meet the needs of returning and nontraditional students. As an undergraduate at GS you will take the same courses, with the same professors, alongside all other Columbia undergraduates—an integrated approach that you won’t find at most elite universities. You’ll participate in collaborative research projects with leading scholars, benefit from one-on-one academic advising and tutoring, and engage with classmates who are some of the brightest minds in the world. The School of General Studies offers an outstanding education that will exceed your expectations.
Why They Value VeteransAcross Columbia's 17 schools, U.S. military veterans play an integral part in the student life, academic endeavors, and intellectual accomplishments of the University. With almost 700 student-veterans, Columbia has established itself as a leader in the Ivy League in recruiting students with military experience and ensuring they have the financial resources to attend through Yellow Ribbon and Tuition Assistance programs. Furthermore, Columbia's robust student affairs, health services, and other resources, ensure that service members receive support in pursuing their educational endeavors to completion. It is an honor to have these incredible men and women at Columbia University.
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
Degrees & Certifications
- Less than one year certification/licensure
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Two, but less than four year certification/licensure
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
- Professional Degree
- Medical Degree
Regional accreditation; Nationally recognized accreditation; Hybrid accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Computer Science
- Engineering (general)
- Finance, General
- Health Professions and Related Programs
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of Columbia University 's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!