Take your post-military education goals to the next level.
School InformationAlvernia combines the personal touch and attention of a small private college with many of the opportunities of a larger university. Our students benefit from a liberal arts foundation that offers a well-rounded education. Students receive first-rate professional preparation through real-world learning, providing them with the skills and knowledge needed for career success. As one of only 24 Franciscan institutions in the U.S., our values-based learning philosophy is guided by the ideal of "knowledge joined with love". Our emphasis on developing ethical leaders with moral courage is blended with a commitment to service in a welcoming campus environment.
Why They Value VeteransAlvernia welcomes all veterans, active duty personnel, and members of the Guard and Reserves. We are committed to supporting the continuing education needs of American military personnel. Your Veterans Affairs, Federal, and State education benefits are part of the compensation you earned for serving your country. We recognize that service and offer access to over 50 associates, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Additionally, we offer the opportunity to attend Alvernia under the Yellow Ribbon Program, credit for military training, easy transfer of previously completed credits, assistance in applying and enrolling, and exclusive use of Alvernia's Veterans' Center.
Learn More About
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
Degrees & Certifications
- Less than one year certification/licensure
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Associate's Degree
- Two, but less than four year certification/licensure
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
Regional accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Finance, General
- Forensic Science and Technology
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of ‘s Commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!