Median Annual Salary

Why It’s HOT

Here's why this job is just so dang hot.
The BLS projects 5% job growth between 2014-2024.

What You’ll Need

Education or Years of experience? Here's what you'll need.
High school diploma or equivalent, plus a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). If you want to drive the big rigs that exceed 26,000 pounds, you’ll need a Class A CDL.

What They Do

You’ll drive a truck or bus, or operate heavy equipment. Options include a long-haul truck driver, who may be on the road for two or three weeks at a time, or a local delivery driver.

Hot Job Titles

Over the Road Driver (OTR Driver), Long-Haul Driver, Delivery Driver, Line Haul Driver, Log Truck Driver, Production Truck Driver, Road Driver, Semi Truck Driver, Tractor Trailer Operator, Truck Driver, Heavy Equipment Operator

Who’s Hiring

Celadon Trucking  |  Herc Rentals  |  New Penn Motor  |  Penske Truck Leasing  |  Roehl Transport  |  Roush  |  SpartanNash  |  United Rentals

Companies listed in the above “Who’s Hiring” section are paid advertisers that are recruiting for these positions.

View Next Hot Job