Upper Iowa University
Opportunities Are Endless; Education Is Key
School InformationFounded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence to over 5800 students on our main campus, our 25 centers across the US and our international centers in Hong Kong and Malaysia. UIU is a recognized innovator in offering quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced. UIU is an NCAA Division II university offering both men’s and women’s varsity sports. UIU was recently ranked among the best online programs for veterans by U.S. News & World Report. To ensure academic quality, all schools included in these rankings first have to be ranked among the top half of schools in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Online Programs rankings.
Why They Value VeteransUIU serves the military at select installations and through its two nationally recognized distance learning programs (online and self-paced). With these three modalities (onsite, online and self-paced), military students have college classes accessible no matter where they are. The four associate degrees, 45 baccalaureate majors, and four masters programs provide students with a wide variety of ways to reach their educational goals. UIU provides tuition grants to military ID cardholders and veterans, and honors the military TA cap for undergraduate and graduate programs. UIU has a deployment policy that provides options for the military student/spouse should deployment or extended training interrupt their coursework. Our students are our #1 priority.
Learn More About Upper Iowa University
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition discounts specifically for military spouses and dependents
- Scholarships specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
Degrees & Certifications
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
- Post-Graduate Certificate
The University is accredited-on notice by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is approved by the Louisiana Higher Education Board, the Wisconsin Educational Approval Board, and the Iowa Department of Education (for teacher education in Iowa only). The programs offered are approved by the states of Iowa, Kansas (restricted), Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin for veterans’ benefits.
Areas of Study
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Information Systems/Information Technology
- Human Services
- And more
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of Upper Iowa University's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!