University of St. Francis
Opportunities Are Endless; Education Is Key
School InformationUniversity of St. Francis is a private, nonprofit Catholic institution offering bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. USF, based in Joliet, Ill., is moderately priced and enrolls approximately 3,800 students both on campus and online. USF students choose from 45 undergraduate programs, four degree-completion programs and 15 graduate programs. Programs are offered in arts and science, business, education, nursing, health care and social work. Graduation and retentions rates for freshman and transfer students also are consistently higher than the national averages. USF has an Alumni base of over 44,000 students.
Why They Value VeteransThe University of St. Francis offers high quality academic programs at the bachelor, master and doctoral level framed in a Franciscan tradition of providing service to others. Experiential learning is a component of everyone's education through either internships provided outside of the classroom, life experience and non-traditional assessment providing credit the student brings into the classroom recognizing that learning occurs outside of the university. USF has been declared a Military Friendy school the last seven years and was listed in U.S. News & World Report "Best Colleges for Veterans" as #29 in the Midwest Region.
Learn More About University of St. Francis
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition discounts specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
Degrees & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
Regional accreditation; Nationally recognized accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Educational/Instructional Technology
- Elementary Education
- Health Services Administration
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of University of St. Francis's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!