University of St. Francis
Bigger thinking. Brighter purpose.
School InformationFounded in 1920, the University of St. Francis, in Joliet, Ill., is a Catholic, Franciscan university serving 4,100 students nationwide. USF offers on campus and online bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees and certificate programs in the arts and sciences, business, education, health care, music, nursing, social work and more. Graduation and retentions rates for freshmen and transfers are consistently higher than the national averages, and USF also keeps close with its graduates, nurturing a network of more than 48,000 USF alumni across the globe.
Why They Value VeteransJust as veterans have devoted their lives to service, the University of St. Francis encourages students to lead lives of service and leadership, infused with the Franciscan values of respect, integrity, and compassion. USF has made a strong commitment to recruit and serve veterans because they provide unique perspectives in the classroom as a result of their military service. Experiential learning is at the core of USF’s education, and a vet’s insights and ideas in the real world enhance the educational formation of all students. To nurture this great relationship, the University of St. Francis participates in all federal veterans benefits programs, including the Yellow Ribbon Program, and has instituted a military/veterans discount program for students in adult undergraduate degree completion and selected graduate degree programs.
Learn More About University of St. Francis
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program
- Tuition discounts specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
Degrees & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
Regional accreditation; Nationally recognized accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Educational/Instructional Technology
- Elementary Education
- Health Services Administration
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of University of St. Francis's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!