University of North Carolina Wilmington
The Path To Success Begins With Education. Begin Your Journey With Us.
School InformationUNCW is dedicated to learning through the integration of teaching and mentoring with research and service. Our academic experience stimulates creative inquiry,critical thinking,thoughtful expression and responsible citizenship in an array of high-quality programs at the baccalaureate and master's levels, and in our doctoral programs. Substantial research activity, combined with our hallmark teaching excellence and moderate size, advances distinctive student involvement in faculty scholarship.We are committed to diversity, inclusion, affordable access, global perspectives, and enriching the quality of life through scholarly community engagement in such areas as health, education, the economy, the environment, marine and coastal issues, and the arts.
Why They Value VeteransUNCW is dedicated to supporting military affiliated students, having created specific admission processes for both active-duty and military veteran members. UNCW is one of the leading universities in the southeast, maintaining a deep tradition of educating and collaborating with local military personnel. The university operates several extension campuses in Onslow County at Coastal Carolina Community College (CCCC), MCB Camp Lejeune, and MCAS New River. UNCW frequently receives national recognition for quality and affordability from Kiplinger's Personal Finance, The Princeton Review, and other prestigious publications and was ranked in the Top 25 "Best Online Programs for Veterans" by U.S. News.
Learn More About University of North Carolina Wilmington
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Committed to the 8 Keys to Veterans' Success
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Approved for Armed Forces Tuition Assistance (TA) Funding
- Signed the DOD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for Tuition Assistance
- Member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Network
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- Scholarships specifically for military spouses and dependents
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
- Clubs or associations specifically for military spouses and dependents
Degrees & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate
- Master's Degree
- Master's Certificate
- Doctoral Degree
- Professional Certificate
Regional accreditation; Nationally recognized accreditation; Programmatic/professional accreditation
Areas of Study
- Business Administration and Management, General
- Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of University of North Carolina Wilmington's commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!