Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA)
You've Earned Your Success in the Military. Now Learn To Earn More With Us.
School InformationPIA is well-known for its highly respected education in the fields of aviation maintenance and aviation electronics. Since 1929, PIA has graduated over 38,000 individuals with FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certifications or FCC General Radiotelephone Operators Licenses. As a result of PIA’s strong commitment to aviation education, Delta Air Lines has announced an education partnership with PIA, designed to fill demand for qualified aviation maintenance technicians. In addition, FORBES has recognized PIA as one of the top trade schools fighting our nation’s skills gap.
Why They Value VeteransPIA proudly provides an avenue for veterans to utilize the skills they developed in service of this country, and allows them to expand on their knowledge. Veterans are able to earn the certifications necessary for careers in aircraft repair, robotics, manufacturing and many other hands-on careers. PIA offers career placement assistance, with 93% placement over the last five years (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2017, based on 87 veteran graduates eligible for employment from all campuses) in aviation industry or fields directly related to a PIA education. The April 2017 issue of G.I. Jobs Magazine ranked Aircraft/Aviation Technicians as one of the “Top 25 Hot Jobs” for Veterans.
Learn More About Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA)
What They Offer
- Approved for the Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Signed the VA's "Principles of Excellence"
- Utilizes the federal Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Compliant with Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 (Choice Act)
- In-state tuition without residency requirements for military spouses and dependents
- Policy concerning military spouses and dependents whose families must move due to redeployment or relocation
Degrees & Certifications
- Less than one year certification/licensure
- One, but less than two year certification/licensure
- Associate's Degree
Nationally recognized accreditation
Areas of Study
- Avionics Maintenance Technology/Technician
- Construction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
- Truck and Bus Driver/Commercial Vehicle Operator and Instructor
Discover Your Future
Take advantage of Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics (PIA)'s commitment to your service. Request info now on how you can enroll!