Effective Date: November 14, 2014
Victory Media, Inc. (“Victory Media”, “Company”, “Our”, “We”, or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the Sites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information about yourself on the Sites or through any mobile device such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including:
- personal identifying information such as name, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (including mobile devices), date of birth, education and information on your military service (”Personal Information”);
- information which is about you, but does not identify you individually (“Aggregate Information”).
We collect this information from you in the following ways:
- Voluntarily from you when you (1) register or create an account on one or more of our Sites or become a Client or Sponsor; (2) communicate with us via telephone, e-mail or text, including our SMS Service; (3) enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our Sites; (4) interact with us through Public Areas such as forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on our Sites (“User Contributions”); and/or (5) otherwise provide information in connection with services you choose to utilize on our Sites;
- As described in the section immediately below, as you navigate through our Sites, information is collected automatically, which may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY THROUGH COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
As you use our Sites, we may use automatic data technologies to gather and log information about your equipment and navigation patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including the resources that you access and use;
- Your IP address, browser type, operating system and internet service provider
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies are small bits of data written to your hard drive when you visit our Sites that contain information such as a user or session ID to track the pages you have visited so you do not have re-enter your ID information throughout your visit;
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored object (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites.
- Web Beacons. Pages on our Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit, for example, statistics on the number of users who have visited those pages and the popularity of certain content on our Sites.
We do NOT collect Personal Information automatically. Information and data collected automatically is used in aggregate form only.
Some content or applications on our Sites, including advertisements, are served by third-parties such as ad networks, advertisers, servers, content providers and application providers. These third-parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our Sites. We do not control these third-parties or their use of information they may collect through such tracking technologies. If you have questions or concerns about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Victory Media collects Personal Information and Aggregate Information from you for a number of reasons, including:
- To provide you with information about the products and services offered on our Sites that we believe will be of interest to you;
- for system maintenance, to perform surveys and to gain a better understand how our Sites are used;
- to help us develop new products and services;
- to improve the services we offer on our Sites by customizing the advertising and content you see on the Sites;
- for those services on our Sites that require you to register, to create and manage your account;
- to contact you to secure additional information that is needed to better serve you;
- when you use our SMS Service, to respond to your request for information about our services and products;
- to notify you about changes to our Sites and/or any new products or services offered on the Sites, including opportunities we may offer on a co-branded or cross promotional basis with our partners;
- to detect or resolve problems with our Sites, to assist with customer support, to provide security and to protect against fraud
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Aggregate Information is shared with third-parties for research or marketing purposes. You understand that Aggregate Information does not identify you individually and can be used and shared by us without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you as follows:
- to third-parties with whom we partner for co-branded or cross-promotional shopping opportunities, games, services or other applications that we believe will interest and provide benefits to you or who wish to contact you to promote their own goods and services;
- to contractors and service providers that we use to perform specific functions for our business and our Sites. Such third-parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by us;
- to potential employers, recruiters and educational institutions by providing access to our databases and/or selling information from our databases to such recruiters, educational institutions and employers;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, if the Personal Information held by the Company is among the assets sold or transferred;
- to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce our Terms of Service;
- where such disclosure is needed to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users, Clients or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Sites may contain Public Areas where User Contributions are posted. Users of these Public Areas should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose Personal Information in content submitted for posting, that information can be read and used by others. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of Personal Information you voluntarily include when submitting such User Contributions.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Victory Media follows generally accepted industry practices to protect the Personal Information you provide through our Sites, including a two-tiered approach which utilizes a database engine that incorporates multiple security protocols and provides access to the information through user name and password identification only, which are encrypted. Additionally, our Sites and databases are deployed on third-party hosting providers that are also protected by network and security monitoring systems that notify the Company of occurrences that might represent security issues. However, because no method transmission over the internet is 100% secure, there is no guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of these safeguards.
UNITED STATES ONLY
Our Sites are intended for use by residents of the United States only. If you are located outside the U.S., please note that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the U.S. and that by submitting information to us you authorize this transfer and the processing of this information within the U.S.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, users of the Sites who are residents of California can obtain certain information about the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Victory Media, Inc., P.O. Box 26, Sewickley, PA 15143
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
HOW TO CONTACT US